June 20, 2013

Be happy x


Whenever people ask me what I want out of life, I used to always answer, "Happiness" but I never went out of my way to switch things up. Then I met my cousin who put me in my place.

"You're like a pillar. You never move so nothing changes" - she said.

It was pretty harsh but the truth always is, isn't it?

Fact of the matter is, the key to happiness is to stop wishing and start doing. I'll tell you now that realising it is just the tip of the iceberg. The real work lies in the relationship you have with the girl in the mirror. You know what I mean. There are days when you need to remind yourself to do the things that you want to do. Most of the time, the fear of failure is what's stopping us from being happy and that's a shame. I bet we all agree that it hasn't been easy but it's important to keep trying. 

"There will never be a better time to try something new. It's all about having an open 
mind and worrying less." - Carmen Hong.

So the next time you want to do something that scares you, ask yourself this,

"What would you do if you knew you wouldn't fail?"

Aha. I bet you won't wait any longer and just do it. So, what are you waiting for? Go and do it!

My wish for all of you this year is that you find your courage to be happy. As we move forward into the new year, let's remember that sometimes it's OK to listen to your heart. I know it's kinda risky and can be awfully terrifying but let's take that leap of faith because on the off chance that you're not going to live forever, why not take the shot at being happy now? Together, let's make that our first accomplished resolution for 2013! :) 

Ariel D'rose x